The Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Chinese studies to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan. The Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies. The application process will begin in May 2016, and recipients will begin their research in Taiwan in January 2017.
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months.
- Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.
Recipients shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
Applicants should first submit an on-line application form and then submit the following documents to the ROC Embassy or Representative Office in or nearest to their country of residence, as appropriate, before June 20th for preliminary review:
- Application form;
- Resume (including a publication list);
- Research proposal (Three pages in principle using a standard research format); and
- Two letters of recommendation, or one letter of recommendation and one letter of consent from the chief administrator of their institute.
Más información aquí.